The human being is visual in nature. It has been proved from the times of the evolution. In ancient age, people don’t know how to write, read and even communicate. Still, they were very intelligent enough to build their civilisation at that time. They observed the nature very closely and tried to cooperate with that. So it is crystal clear that we people can grasp a lot of things by observing things practically.
Nowadays, from the childhood students learn things practically. The kids learn infinitely more when they get to touch, see, hear and explore content. It is an un-denied fact now. And that is the reason why science laboratories are such a powerful learning tool nowadays! But there is a huge problem which creates obstacles for most of the parents, teachers and students also. The equipment and materials of Science laboratories are too costly and most of schools simply do not have enough budgets to provide teachers with the tools they want to teach their students which ultimately make their science labs powerful.
But, nothing can stop a “Better Idea”. Here, I am going to give you five damn easy tips to assist you expose your students to science in a meaningful way even if you are on a limited budget.
- Use the power of Technology. Most of the K-12 schools do not have the equipments for high technology science and its understanding. But it is not an issue which lets you to stop from letting your students experiences the Science and its power to hold the world. Use the exclusive immense supremacy of your interactive whiteboard to flow in videos and podcasts of university lessons using “the power of technology”. You can also use Smartphone apps to instruct your students about the breakdown of sub-atomic particles. The sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless.
- Go for scientific trip and fun! Don’t be shocked… If you are unable to exhibit the scientific phenomena in your boundary of the school, then bring your students to the science. Organise for a field trip to a nearby pond to study habitats or head to a rock cave to experiment geological formations. Otherwise, you can head to a museum to study the scientific processes. It will be a refreshment for the students, which also give them a new exposure in their study.
- Create a shared and movable Science Laboratory. Act as a team with other teachers at your school to build a science lab, which have the essential equipment and can be shared amongst many classrooms and students.
- Create a natural environment in the school. Nature’s gifts like yard gardens, butterfly gardens, habitats and ponds make great life science laboratories at a fraction of the cost of most main indoor lab apparatus should be there in the school.
- Apply for contribution of money.Do a research and apply for teacher to donate money and get the resources you require so that students can learn their courses more effectively.
Question for you: So what is the tip you want to use for bringing science to your classroom even when you have a tough budget?
This article is written by one of the science enthusiast intern working with allhomeworkhelp. We appreciate your comments on this.