Teachers often experience headache while dealing with the students. They may not seem to find the right way to deal with the pupils. It happens because of all the students have a different personality. So, here we will discuss some ways you can use to deal with the different types of students.
There are two types of students you may find in your class. The first type could be cat type and other one could the dog type. So, let’s learn about the traits of both these types of personalities.
Characteristics of cat personalities
The students belonging to this category could be Observant, could take their time in getting along with others, may not like being in the groups and may not response to appreciation.
Characteristics of dog personalities
Mostly extroverts have this personality. The students having this type of personality could be socially active and you may find them quite playful. They could be expressive and could also be more attentive.
Now you must have got a fair idea of the two student personalities you can find in your class. Let’s, find out the ideal strategies you can use to handle the different types of the pupils.
Ways to handle the cat personalities
- You may be aware that this type of students are not responsive to the praise. So, you must not misunderstand such kids if they dont respond to the praise. You should give them low-key compliments but don’t ask them to respond.
- This type of students may also not like public praise, giving written or after class praise could be ideal for such students.
- It is better to ask the students from this category to join the group discussions, etc. but, make sure they get enough time to space out as well.
- You should also listen to such students carefully if they have some query.
Ways to handle the dog personalities
These students dont hesitate in social interaction. So, you should ask the students from this category to lead the groups or to solve some questions on green-board. It could boost their confidence.
- You can ask these students to work on group projects and can expect the positive results as they like socializing.
- Opting for one-on-one conversation could be better way to counsel such students.
Some of your students may have difficulty in writing the academic coursework. You can refer our homework help to such students and they can get well-written assignments from us.